Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tacos de Carnitas

Carnitas...pork that is so moist and tender it can be broken into pieces or shreds with a fork. Place in a warm tortilla, add chopped onion and cilantro and red or green salsa. Traditionally eaten with chiles en escabeche...a vinegar pickled chile.


We went for tacos  to Carnitas Las Plazas on Iturbe, between Plaza Grande and Plaza Chica. The line forms before the doors open--at 12:00 Noon if I remember correctly. We went about 1:30 PM. The tacos were, as always, delicious.




1 comment:

José Raymundo Gil Torres said...

Undoubtely, the Las Plazas carnitas are the best of the world. At least, the best I have ate in my whole life. Back when I was living in Patzcuaro, Sunday was our family carnitas day. Early in the morning I used to place my order for later pick-up.